Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Contain Yourself" Exhibit at Gallery 21

Exhibit Poster
The CASD-sponsored exhibit at Gallery 21 in Balboa Park is ongoing until May 2nd. It is a Clay Artists of San Diego member only show, with close to 80 original pieces on display. The show was juried by Sasha K. Reibstein, assistant professor of Art and Head of the Ceramics Department at Palomar Community College. Awards went for Vanessa Backer "Final Nesting Place #2", Sandra Burgener "Claw Box", Andy Halbert "Pinched Form #1", Sanda Hohn "Words that Got Away", Maricarmen Olimon "Precious Thoughts", and Richard L. Sted "Untitled".
I have four pieces in the show, two orchid pots, a Raku vase, and a Raku container. I was missing my camera for the opening, so I can only share two pictures my friend Vaughan took for me. I like to make pots for orchids, but sometimes I think the plant distracts from the pot too much. Certainly the case below. Smaller plants would have given more attention to the pots. Like on the poster ! Yes, that's my mine. It was one of my entries from last year's exhibit. Great poster, don't you think ?!!!

Dry Earth (left) and Starbust Raku (right)

Peacock Vase

No comments:

Post a Comment